- Sisters Against Violent Extremism (SAVE) – The first women´s anti-terror platform.
- Women Without Borders – An advocacy, PR and lobbying organization for women around the globe.
- The Voices and Faces Project – a national survivor network created to give voice and face to rape survivors.
- Justice Solutions – A web site by crime victim professionals for crime victim professionals.
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) – The nation’s largest anti-sexual assault organization.
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) – The nation’s principle information and resource center regarding all aspects of sexual violence.
- Pandora’s Project – Dedicated to providing information, support, and resources to survivors of rape and sexual abuse and their friends and family. Offers peer support online through Pandora’s Aquarium.
- National Organization for Women (NOW) – The largest organization of feminist activists in the United States works to stop violence against women, among many other issues to bring about equality for all women.
- Speaking Out About Rape (SOAR) – Runs national awareness, education and prevention programs to empower survivors of sexual violence and enhance the public’s understanding and acceptance of rape victims.
- After Silence – A web-based organization, message board, and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.
- The Survivors Club – Dedicated to helping people in crisis survive and thrive.
- Men Can Stop Rape – Mobilizes male youth to prevent men’s violence against women.
PTSD Information and Resources
- The National Center for PTSD (NCPTSD) – the Federal research and education agency within the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- The National Center for Victims of Crime – Serves victims of any kind of crime, including those whose victimization results in PTSD.
- Vets 4 Vets – Offers free peer support for Iraq/Afghanistan-era vets.
- The Coming Home Project – Offers care and support for vets.
- The Veterans and Families Foundation – A source for help lines, places to turn, free military family counseling and veteran retreats, PTSD information
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America – The nation’s first and largest group dedicated to the troops and veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the civilian supporters of those troops and veterans.
- MyVetwork – The online social networking community for individuals in the US military and their spouses, families and friends.
- Home Base Program – A partnership created by The Red Sox Foundation and Massachusetts General Hospital designed to help veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and traumatic brain injury (TBI) and their families.
- Strategic Outreach to Families of All Reservists – A program to aid the families and loved ones of army Reservists and National Guard deployed in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.
- ONE Freedom – Offers service members, veterans and military families education and training to maintain balance in the face of military deployments and other lifestyle challenges.
- U.S. Army Medical Department Army Behavioral Health – Information and resources for soldiers, families, and friends.
- The Soldier Billboard Project – Brings to the open air in America a subtle reminder of the realities of war. The controversial billboards ask viewers to think about soldiers, about the human cost of war and about the psychological struggles of veterans and their families, and then reach their own conclusions.
- EMDR Institute – Some studies suggest that EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing) can be an effective treatment.
- Trauma Center at Justice Resource Institute – Yoga can help people suffering from symptoms of traumatic stress.
- Archive of General Psychiatry A monthly professional medical journal published by the American Medical Association.
Foreign Policy & International Affairs Resources
- Council on Foreign Relations – A research center dedicated to understanding the world by better comprehending global trends and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy.
- Hoover Institution – A think tank dedicated to research in domestic policy and international affairs.
Artist Organizations & Associations
- John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation – Fellowships to assist research and artistic creation.
- MacDowell Colony – The oldest artists’ colony in the U.S. nurtures the arts by offering creative individuals of the highest talent an inspiring environment in which to produce enduring works of the imagination.
- Yaddo – The mission of this artists’ community is to nurture the creative process by providing an opportunity for artists to work without interruption in a supportive environment.
Professional & Industry Links
- Ecco, an imprint of HarperCollins – Publisher of DENIAL and TERROR IN THE NAME OF GOD.
- Harvard University Press – Publisher of THE ULTIMATE TERRORISTS.
- CreativeWell, Inc. – Lecture, literary and creative management agency.
- Harvard Kennedy School – One of the world’s most eminent social science research institutions.
- Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs – The hub of the Harvard Kennedy School’s research, teaching, and training in international security affairs, environmental and resource issues, and science and technology policy.
Fellow Authors, Colleagues & Friends
- Joseph Finder – Author of VANISHED, POWER PLAY, PARANOIA, HIGH CRIMES and other bestselling thrillers.
- Howard Gardner – Hobbs professor of cognition and education and author of MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCES.
- Eliza Griswold – award-winning poet reporter and author of WIDEAWAKE FIELDS
- Susanne Moore – author of IN THE CUT, ONE LAST LOOK and other novels.
- Priscilla Warner – Author of THE FAITH CLUB and a forthcoming memoir about meditating her way from panic to peace.
If you’d like your website added, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your URL and brief description.
Connect with Jessica on Facebook.
Follow Jessica on Twitter.